Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I have to admit, that essay got me worried there today. If you haven't noticed, the only thing about essays that really bugs me is my timing for them... it's awful. But! I'm hoping to improve that this year!

What I would have included in my essay if I had more time would be to at least compare the style between Montaigne and Austen. I already managed to contrast their style of writing in my first paragraph but I didn't have enough time to get on with comparing them. I would have mentioned their similar diction/syntax aaand that's about all I can think of. As you can see, I hadn't put much thought into it.

You know, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have finished it even if we had the time to do it becuase of the unfortunate curse I have when tending to embellish essays with what isn't needed on it. But, next time, when I'm given an extra day to think about my next essay, I will put more thought into it and shorten my beginning paragraph.

The break gave me a little more time to think about what I was going to write next, but I never had anything to back up my thoughts. I just ended up rambling again. This is all I have to really say on the subject, but next time I will be more prepared... hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment