Wednesday, October 24, 2012

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?


My initial impression about Facebook was that it's this really cool site that all of my friends are hanging out on and posting awesome pictures and crap like that. Now I see it as a site that's equivilant to a brainwashing mechanism you see in those futuristic movies. I had gotten a Facebook account becuase everyone I knew was connected with one another and I suppose I had felt out of the loop. Besides, I was influenced at a younger age. I don't go on it much, but only if it's for something important. I feel as though people are on Facebook for too long and it really becomes distracting. And usually those people are on there out of boredom and for non productive reasons. Collaboration for important purposes, I can understand, but playing Farmville for hours on end? Ridiculous if you ask me. That article portrayed a message to me that kids at an even younger age are becoming impressionable to the deep hypnotic swirls circling around the wonders of Facebook. Facebook is very useful in a sense where it's memorable to get together as a unit of an undivided force and expand our knowledge. And, you have to admit, it's awesome to catch up with those who are living in different parts of the world. But it makes me worried when I see my sister spending three hours on Facebook playing games and posting silly comments or messages to people's walls. Procrastination is a huge problem for us adolescence out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment