Monday, September 3, 2012

In The Lake of the Woods


I apologize for the late post but I have made my decision. I immediately chose this book because of the author. I freaking love the way Tim O'Brien writes. I had recently read The Things They Carried and fell in love with it. It was a very passionate book that sucked me in. I was ecstatic when I saw another book written by him within this list. I'm very much hoping that this book will be as thrilling and suspensful as I imagine it to be. I researched the outline of the story and found that it also is linked with the Vietnam War. I found myself smiling as I realized this is a post war story that perhaps had something to do with The Things They Carried. (I see what you did there, O'Brien.) I am also familiar with his style of writing, which makes it easier on my part.The main reason why I chose this book was because I know that I will get into the story and be motivated by his style of writing.  I'm very excited to start reading this book! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment