Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fall Semester Reflection


1. I look at my classmates work not too often. Well, I'm not sure how much I should be looking at their blog and trying to word my work like theirs becuase, quite frankly, I feel like I'm just copying their work and not my own. Usually when I look at someone's blog it's out of curiosity. I like to look at the different designs and how each one matches their own personality like mine does. Also, if I feel like I haven't posted anything in a while, I'll check in on other's blogs to see if they posted anything that was supposed to be posted.

2. I think a riot would ensue. I joke, but it woulnd't be the same without using blogger because it's how we express ourselves, and I have to say that we write down our ideas better on our blogs than saying them out loud in the class. Not a lot of students like to speak out loud in case you haven't noticed. I think we would revert to having the schedule be very similar to that of sophomore year without the blogs.

3. Ya know, I wasn't all too thrilled about letting people publicly see what I was writing, but then I thought, 'Hey, why not? In fact, isn't this what real life is all about? Presenting your work to the public?' I most certainly know that my career will have to do with publishing my work, what with making artwork and all. It woulnd't be the same if we didn't have blogger. I really like it and I'm going to look back on this and think about all the work you've put us through and how much I've accomplished on my blogger. In fact, I'll probably continue using the site throughout college.

4. I feel as though I'm part of something much bigger than a classroom now. The physical aura of the classroom has altered into a viral website where it's publicly seen throughout the nation. We're using our ideas and not only discussing them inside the classroom but also in the internet where it's shared with the world. I sometimes feel my blog isn't beeing looked at at all, but I'm pretty sure there are people reading this even as I write it down. I don't find it that creepy.

5. This class is unique. It's one of the most unique courses I've ever taken throughout my years in school. I would tell them it's strange, unique, hard working, and beneficial. I think it is really weird switching from having to turn in homework to posting your homework on the computer so that you're teaching can check to see if you have done it. It's a big step that most schools are taking and I really think it'll help with our future careers no matter what we want to major in because you ultimately can't avoid technology. It's everywhere.

6. Well, they would either be interested in this way of learning or they would rather settle for the familiar feel of turning their homework in physically so their teachers can put a little gold star on it or whatever. Sure, it's difficult trying to get used to the feel of doing everything online, but knowing that your teacher is indeed checking your work is satisfying. Not only is your teacher checking your work but there are other people out there curious on what you have to say.

7. By ways of response, I will give a tip of the hat to people who say, "Awesome! I'm up for grabs!" and simply reply, "Knock yourself out and good luck." Thumbs up. To those who oppose then I could really care less. Whatever. Their life. But I would say this:"Try it anyway. You might like it. You'll learn to succumb to the system... Mahaha..." Ah, but who am I to judge? I'm just an experimental student who enjoys writing down thoughts. But, seriously, I do reccommend that people give it a go and experience the awesome force of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment